School Teacher PD
Science Unplugged – Year 7 & 8
Join us to learn about how Science Unplugged can be integrated into your classroom. In this course you will explore a 16 x lesson overview where Year 7 and 8 students investigate and develop their scientific inquiry skills. The learning is linked to the Australian Curriculum in Science, alongside Design and Technologies.
The year 7 and 8 lessons and can be accessed for free and give students opportunities to learn how to develop their computational thinking skills, gain confidence in STEM activities, deepen their understanding of STEM subject choices at school and STEM based careers.
A professional learning certificate is available when all assessments are competed, which are mapped to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APSTs).
- Welcome to the course – Lesson overview, Growth mindset, questions
- Teacher Toolkit – what is science inquiry?
- Module 1 – Scientific Observation
- Module 2 – Scientific Methodology
- Module 3 – Scientific Communication
- Final course assessment