Arduino Year 6 Teacher PD
Join us to learn about how digital technology such as an Arduino can be integrated into your classroom. In this course you will explore a 10 x lesson overview where Year 6 students investigate how electrical energy can control light in a designed product. The learning is linked to curriculum in Science, Digital Technologies and Design and Technologies.
The Year 6 lessons and resources can be accessed for free and give Year 6 students opportunities to learn how to develop their computational thinking skills, gain confidence in STEM activities and deepen their understanding of STEM subject choices at school and STEM careers.
A professional learning certificate is available when all the assessments are completed (mapped to the APST).
- Welcome to the course – Year 6 lesson overview, Growth mindset, questions
- Teacher Toolkit – future of work, computational thinking, electrical circuits
- Setting the Scene – controlling light Module 1 – electrical energy, building a breadboard circuit
- Module 2 – digital systems, programming an Arduino to turn on light
- Module 3 – flashing lights, programming an Arduino to control light
- Final course assessment