SCINEMA Junior 2022 International Science Film Festival
Do your students love science and have an interest in filmmaking?
How to participate
Get your students (or kids if you’re looking for a fun activity to do at home) to use the power of film to explain a STEM concept they have recently learnt about, tell a story about how science affects their lives, or show how science can solve real-world problems!
Students can create their film as an exciting final project in the last few weeks of term. SCINEMA Junior also makes a great summer holiday activity and is a great project for science clubs or groups.
The winning film, as well as our curated favourite entries, are screened to thousands of people across the country during National Science Week!
The winning filmmaker will also walk away with an Instagram-worthy SCINEMA trophy!
The fine print
• Who – anyone aged 17 and younger and in full-time education at the completion date of their film
• When – submissions close 14 February 2022
• How much – FREE! There is no fee to enter the SCINEMA Junior category
• How many – students can submit as many films as they like!
• The producer, director, and the camera operator (as well as all key decisions made) must be aged 17 years and younger but the film can be written by, and include a cast of any age
• The help of an adult or professional for services such as music, editing, VFX, and post-production, can be enlisted.